Monday, June 28, 2010

Juxtaposition

jux·ta·po·si·tion

[juhk-stuh-puh-zish-uhn] – noun, an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast.
 
 
I love juxtaposition. Light and dark. Sweet and salty. Drippy and dry.

Without contrast life would be plain boring.

 
But if the truth be told, contrast can be a bitter pill to swallow. I would rather live in sunshine than gray skies, and choose the easy path almost every time.

Have you wondered why I've skipped posting lately?

It's all because of juxtaposition.

My sunny skies turned gray. My laughter turned to a heavy heart.

 
I have spent a few weeks learning again that when one must, one can.
Mr. Wonderful had a frightening crisis, and I became his nurse.

He has been the soul of patience, and I have been brave, too.
And now I think~ I hope~ we are emerging from the clouds, at least for the moment.


Hard times make us strong, the darkness makes the light shine brighter.


Now we find ourselves emerging from the clouds, enjoying the home comforts even more than before...


... the shadows have made the sunny moments more precious. 

 

Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.

The clouds have parted, the storm is passing, and summer is barely begun.
The contrast of sickness and health, joy and sorrow, winter and summer have brought a precious reminder to treasure loved ones while we can, to savor the pleasures of today because they are fleeting. 

Juxtaposition... the act or instance of placing close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast...