Sunday, January 2, 2011

Around home


I can't believe the beauty right here at home. I hope you are not tired of me gushing about common everyday things but I can't get over the beauty of the ordinary.

The shapes of the rows in the raspberry patch. Their geometry amazes me.


The horizontal beauty of layers... field, cottonwoods, mountain ranges.


Weathervanes.
Who on earth invented weathervanes? They deserve a medal.

Barns.
Shades of brown. What a gorgeous natural palette of sepia and blue.



And then the sudden unexpected rush of saffron shades in Katherine's willow hedge. I love her willow along the road and in her baskets (you can find her gorgeous handiwork here).


Oh yes, we are surrounded by beauty.
No wonder I almost never skip my daily walk.

Where do you find beauty in your neighborhood? 
Are you walking around as awestruck at your world as I am at mine?