Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Grab your raggedy clothes & spread some ink with me!


I'm packing up the old wood and lead type, the heavy old proof press, glitter and ink and paper galore.
The ribbon, the scissors, and most of all, the anticipation!


It's all preparation for the printing classes I'll be teaching in Portland, Oregon at Art & Soul.
There are still spaces available. 


Sunday October 3 I'll be teaching a class called "Oodles of Paper and a Paperweight."

There will be plenty of paper... a girl could print herself a set of stationery, a pile of Christmas cards, and a deliciously vintagey crystal paperweight...
There will be loads of type and blocks that date way back to the late 1800's... and they are all the rage right now. Grab your raggediest clothes and get ready to smear some ink with me!
All day Monday October 4 we'll be doing Letterpress 101... making handmade books.

First we'll make our book forms and then go to it with all all day printfest again.



If you've always wanted to try your hand at letterpress printing, join us in Portland. 
I've got so many wonderful goodies ready...


If you want to sign up or get more info click on Art & Soul Retreats and Glenny will get you set up.


One little disclaimer: Don't blame me if you try printing once and end up addicted! It's almost irresistible...


Whoooooeeeeeee!!! There's a good time coming!