Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ahhhh, spring, season of fresh starts


Spring, the season of the fresh start.
Thank goodness.


And now that the trees and bulbs are in bloom, I am blooming, too.


There is so much inspiration at every turn.


How can one help from laughing out loud, from singing, from grabbing a pencil and a brush and completely forgetting what you're "supposed" to get done today?


I had to go sketch the grape hyacinths. After all, they are here and go in about the time it takes to blink.
And the daffodils. The primroses. Those amazing flowering trees!


I hardly want to go to sleep at night because there is so much fodder for the creative mill. 
I woke up last night with a vision of fern designs dancing in my head!


And even the ranunculus that came home from Trader Joe's to brighten the kitchen this week.


After the dull winter inside and out, what joy to find spring and color and life returning again!


With deadlines chasing my tail and the New York show looming, I really ought not to spend this afternoon outdoors, but the violets are calling and I don't think I can resist sneaking out with a pencil in my pocket...