Monday, May 12, 2014

The flowers of spring: strawberry blossoms


Spring in the valley means it's time for the berries to bloom.


Strawberries call out the bees to dance in the fields and I love to carry my stash of sketching materials to the edge of the field by my house and give myself a stolen half hour to draw.


Even half an hour gives you time to pencil in the juiciest parts of the leaves and flowers
and dream of strawberry shortcake in the warm summer sun.

 

Next week I'll be in New York, showing my work at Surtex, the big art show where manufacturers select art for their product.

I'll be in booth #733 and can hardly wait.
If you're going, come by and see the new work up on my walls and stuffed into the portfolio.


But for today- a half hour among the berries is a sweet time out from the trade show preparations.