Thursday, November 19, 2015

Finally!


When I went off to teach overseas for a month, I had no idea I'd be completely locked out from posting on my blog.


England and unable to share? Awful! So permit me to gush on for a few days now...

London.
When everyone else was looking up at Parliament, I couldn't resist seeing it in the puddles.
(I've always been one of those stubbornly "different" people.)


After wanting to for years, I finally made it to the ultimate art supply store, L. Cornelissen & Son, just down the road from the British Museum. Such an old world feel, and simply bursting with irresistible and hard to find creative tools.

 When you see it from the street, you know you're in for a treat, but then you step inside...


I walked away with two sable brushes and two calligraphy pens and felt I'd done well to resist the silverpoint tools and the jars of pigments that screamed, "take me home!!!"



We celebrated Mr. Wonderful's birthday in London, sketching and wandering Westminster Abbey and the British Museum...



England is so irresistible because it is at once comfortable and yet foreign, with a vast history readily apparent at every turn...


 After I had sketched like a maniac through London for two amazing days, we hopped on a BritRail train and were whizzed to York, where I'll pick up the tale tomorrow.



Stay tuned. If you like England, you'll love York. And be prepared to swoon when we reach the Cotswolds...